Sumilarv® 0.5 G, is an advanced mosquito larval control agent pioneered by Sumitomo Chemical to prevent larvae from developing into adult mosquitoes. A granule formulation for application to water bodies with a high safety margin, Sumilarv 0.5 G contains the insect growth regulator pyriproxyfen, which is highly active and long-lasting at very low dose rates.
The favorable safety profile of Sumilarv 0.5 G not only poses minimal risk to mammals, birds and fish; it also allows it to be applied to drinking water. Application to the aquatic breeding sites of mosquitoes ensures a rapid decline of the adult mosquito population significantly reducing bite rates. It’s effective against housefly larva as well.
- Prevents larvae from developing into adult mosquitoes
- Unique mode of action (regulate insect’s growth at larva stage)
- Effective at very low dose rates
- Long lasting: up to 6 months’ control
- Low environmental impact
- Prequalified by WHO
- WHO approved for application to drinking water (at 0.01 mg ai/ litre)
- Effective against all types of mosquito larvae
- Effective against insects larvae that are resistant to other pesticides
- May also be used to control flies by application to breeding sites.